- Do your campaigns make sense and on topic/theme, naming and setting.
- Is there a need for branded and/or competitive campaign?
- Networks separate – Search only – Display Only?
- Are all your geo/location targets correct and exclusive to where you want to target?
- Does your daily budget align with your goals for monthly spend and cost per lead?
- Do you need to have an end date?
- Are all the necessary ad extensions set up? Phone, Location, Site Links, Call Outs Etc.?
- Ad rotation set indefinitely to test or for Google to show best performing?
- Ad group naming shares campaign idea, expanding in more detail on the overall theme?
- Fair number of keywords highly focused on the theme and relevant to ad copy.
- Negative Keywords in place?
- Maximum CPC in place for default spend limits
- Ad extensions if they will differ from those at the campaign level.
- 2 ads per ad group testing one over another: always trying to improve CTRs and conversions.
- No ads are disapproved or limited.
- Spelling and grammar are tight and messaging makes sense
- Ad copy is benefit driven and promotes strong call to action.
- Messaging is relevant to the keywords and the landing page.
- Destination URL is correct & working
- Display URL is correct and you’re making the best use of all characters.
- Using the right match types: always looking to add more precise terms.
- Using the Keyword Details Report to develop more precise terms and negative terms
- Pausing/deleting too “general” terms that get excessive impressions or unprofitable clicks.
- Individual bids set correctly for desired page position.
- determine if each keyword is providing the best ROI in regard to your objectives?
- Reference quality score of each term for relevance, effectiveness and cost.
- Landing page is inline and relevant to the ad copy and the keyword(s)?
- It’s attractive, uncluttered and has a clear path to the call to action?
- Does it comply with best practices?
- Are you A/B testing conversion elements?
- How does the page render on: desktop, tablet and mobile devices?
- Are you using Google Analytics?
- Have a clear idea of your objectives: Goals, CPA, ROI
- Watching trends over time comparing date ranges: (considering seasonality)
- ROI, CPA, CPC, Page Position, Quality Score
- Use data like: geography, weeks, days, time of day, devices etc. to optimize?